MUSINGS

Friday, November 9, 2012

Melancholy






On woodland path cloaked in red, I trudge up to nowhere
My warmth is spent, a chill doth sets, a gloom spans the sphere

The lake lies dull sans a ripple, I cry a tearless tear
She lies wrapped, in earth's bosom, her voice I long to hear

As October twilight fills the air, a haze befogs her visage
My heart aches to feel but once the warmth of her embrace

A bosom friend, that destiny hurled once into my path
My life that earned a treasure rich, flowed louder than a strath

An autumnal mist eclipses life that sparkled like a beam
My mate n' chum, she now recedes to morning's fading dream

White as snow the wintry chill has snubbed off the wick
The flame we lit has long died, its soot I scrape off thick

Spring comes n' summer fades, 'tis fall's chill afore winter's snow
A season comes and a season goes and all that stays is but the blow

No comments:

Post a Comment