MUSINGS

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Self Seeker

In all my doings there can be no better critic of me than ME,myself....
My true being is the spotless mirror that I see myself in
If I am right, I value myself
My self worth is my moment of pride
My achievements showcase my abilities

When I err, I see myself  more human
In acquiescence, I see beyond myself
In vindication, I am empowered to uphold my beliefs
In kindness, I find my inner warmth so much to bear
That I share it with one who carries it not as a load but
as a treasure to be forever cherished

When I appear beautiful, I yearn 
To take the beholder on a journey into my soul
In love, I see his footprints on my soul
I let him be himself  but I am never,ever the same
When I hear music, I taste the food of love and play on

When I live a priceless moment, I encase it in my treasure chest
My treasure glows in the dark and 
I see a ray of light in my hour of despondency
I get up to ward off darkness with an inner thrust
only because I believe in myself

And now I see darkness as a precursor to a new day
That beckons me to move on
I strive to make the most of it
In my onward march I exist for myself
That supports lives that live apart from me, yet within me
Their joy is my wealth

I endeavour to nurture patience and forbearance
and weed out contempt and vice
With these in my stride
I am forever a seeker
My quest remains happiness
That flits just as I embark upon one...

No comments:

Post a Comment